Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Does He Know?

I don't know how Carter does it, but somehow he knows exactly when I need him to behave like a perfect angel.

First, he slept the entire flight to and from Utah. I was so nervous about how he would react. Somehow he knew that he needed to sleep.

Second, he slept from midnight to 7:00 am the day of my grandfather's funeral last week. Somehow he knew that mom needed her sleep to get through the day.

Third, last night he slept for two five hour shifts. Somehow he knew that I did not feel well and needed good sleep to try and combat this horrible cold looming in the distance.

Fourth, he just took a two hour nap this morning. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, it is! Carter has a horrible habit of waking up with wide, beautiful blue eyes the minute his head hits the mattress for a nap. Usually it takes 2 or 3 tries to get him to stay down longer than 30 minutes. Somehow he knew I didn't feel well and needed to get work done so I can relax a little later.

Here's to hoping that somehow he knows dad is gone for the weekend so he needs to be an extra good boy so mom doesn't go crazy...

No comments: